(Dairy Free, Grain Free, Paleo and GAPS Friendly)
This Mousse is a great addition to the family menu as it has a mostly veggie (pumpkin) and fruit (avocado) based which gives you another place to bring in more vitamins and minerals along with a healthy dose of good fats or oils from the avocado which makes you feel more satiated or fuller longer.
For the picker eaters in your household you may want to increase the honey or other sweetener until the palate has adjusted.
- 250g of cooked room temperature pumpkin or warm in you are in a cooler climate
- 250g of Avocado (or 250g of cooked sweet potato)
- 130g of liquid coconut oil
- 160g of Cocao powder (or coco powder)
- 100g of honey (maple or other sweetner) or as preferred
- Put all the ingredients into the TM/blender stopping to scrape to down the sides intermittently until you get a smooth thick consistancy.
- For piping you need to slightly chill the mix so it holds shape
- Chill in the fridge for 30-60 minutes before serving.
In the picture below I piped the left over mix onto a baking paper lined tray and then froze then as little freezer treats. It could be used as an icing or spread or even as a centre for homemade chocolates.The below image is a frozen thawed sample (L) and a frozen sample (R)