1 medium capsicum roasted diced
1 medium egg plant diced
4 cloves garlic roasted chopped
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 Tbsp Coconut oil
1 Large onion diced
1kg mince (250g pork & 250g lamb)
2x 400ml cans tomato (whole or chopped)
200ml water or broth
1 tsp dried thyme
¼ – ½ tsp paprika
2 tsp dried basil
1 ½ Apple Cider Vinegar
½ tsp sea salt
¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
1) Dice then lightly roast capsicum, egg plant, garlic the oven until soft
2) Heat the coconut oil and add diced onions to the frypan then simmer to soften.
3) Add minced meat to the onions and brown together.
4) Add all other ingredients to the frypan then simmer on a low setting for 30-45 minutes uncovered to reduce the liquid.
5) Add the roasted veggies to the mix then serve on Spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles.
- To thicken sauce you can add 100g sweet potato cooked and mashed towards in step (4) This option is for a PALEO diet and is not suitable for GAPS families as it is too high in starch.
- This recipe feeds a family of 4 (2 adults & 2 children) with some for left overs
- For picky eaters you could reduce the paprika and other herbs making it more bland or….
- If transitioning autism or sensory kids onto the new Spag-Bol recipe add this sauce to their old favorite by make a batch of this sauce freezing it in an ice cube tray ahead of time then add in a small amounts of the home made sauce whilst taking away small amounts of the old. Take it slowly with sensitive kids. There’s no point in rushing ahead you will only hit a brick wall of food-refusal.