Basic Family Bone Broth Recipe
- 2 carrots, chopped medium
- 2 celery stalks, chopped medium
- 1 medium onion, chopped medium
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1.5kg of beef bones free range and organic. (Joints are best and see if you can get with some meat left on them.)
- 2 bay leaves
- Level teaspoon of whole peppercorns
- Celtic salt
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- Filtered water
- Dice the veggies, add the herbs, put the bones in on the top add the apple cider vinegar and cover with water.
- Cook in the slow cooker for 12 to 24 hours. Cool a little then strain out the bones and veg.
- Separate the bones and veg from the liquid broth and use the meat and veg in quick easy curries.
The broth has many uses including the following that are my favourites:
- forms the basis of many soups
- Sautéing vegetables such as kale, broccoli, Brussels’ sprouts, or squash
- making cauliflower fried ‘rice’
- mix with scrambled eggs at breakfast
I like to season it with allspice and a pinch of salt when I reheat and put into a thermos at breakfast time to have for lunch.
Leah’s Bone broth and Mushroom Soup
- 2 cups of bone broth (see above)
- 5 mushrooms
- ¼ tsp of allspice
- Pinch of salt
Reheat it to 100 degrees Celsius in the TM (Thermomix) and then puree the mushrooms. This takes 5-6 minutes.
Mark has this everyday for lunch in his thermos!
A big thanks to Mr I (12 years) for the cinematography, well done.
Copyright (c) Akesis Balance 2014. All rights reserved.