Carrot Pulp & Banana Flour Loaf
- 80g almond meal or whole almonds
- 80g coconut flour or desiccated
- 40g banana flour
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 100g coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- 40g honey
- 150g chopped carrot
- In a blender or TM add all the ingredients and puree together to make a smooth batter including the carrot. The batter should be a thickened pancake mix
- Pour into a baking paper lined loaf tin and bake on 120 Degrees Celsius for 1.5 hours.
- After 1.5 hours check that the loaf is firm and allow to cool completely on a drying rack before cutting.
– Not a particularly sweet loaf and if transitioning to a low sugar or grain free lifestyle then this may be a little different to what you are use too. In saying that I’ve had great success with my taste-testers. Give it a go and keep in mind that it often takes a few weeks to adapt to new ingredients and textures.
-Make it more low-carb high-fat by adding butter from pasture raised animals or solid state cold-pressed coconut oil.
– Baking at this temperature keeps the nut oils from degrading.
Copyright (c) Akesis Balance 2014. All rights reserved.